– ALUX is Playing MatchMaker! –
We at ALUX love our African celebrities. They play vibrant characters sometimes evoking the most intense emotions in love screens that leaves you breathless. But that kind of love does not always translate off-screen, so we are asking our readers to help us play matchmaker and find love for these wonderful actors and actresses. In a perfect world who would you pair up with these stars and starlets?
1. Rita Dominic, 38, Nigeria – staple on our African television screens, she has starred in over 100 Nollywood movies.
2. Yvonne Nelson, 28, Ghana – also a staple on our television screens, she has been starred and featured in over 100 African movies.
3. Charlize Theron, 38, South Africa – best known for her portrayal of serial killer Aileen Wuornos in “Monster”, for which she won the Silver Bear, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Academy Award
4. Yvonne Okoro, 29, Nigeria and Ghana – she has starred in dozens of movies since her debut in 2002.
5. Genevieve Nnaji, 34, Nigeria – often referred to as Africa’s sweetheart, she is one of the best paid actresses in Nollywood commanding lucrative contracts and endorsement deals. The former model has starred in approximately 100 African movies.
6. Gbenro Ajibade, late 20s, Nigeria – television presenter, a model, and actor best known for his role in the soap opera, Tinsel.
7. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, 46, Nigeria – actor best known for his roles Simon Adebisi in the 1990s HBO prison series “Oz”, and as Mr. Eko on ABC’s survivor drama “Lost.” He has also starred in two dozens Hollywood movies, most recently Algrim/Kurse in “Thor: The Dark World”
8. Ikenna Bryan Okwara, late 20s, Nigeria – Mr Nigeria 2007 is a model and an actor. He is a newbie in industry with abs to die for!
9. Edi Gathegi, 34, Kenya – actor and producer best known for his role as Laurent in the Twilight Saga series. He’s also been featured in several popular American television shows such as “House M.D.” and “Family Tools”
10. Chris Attoh, 35, Ghana – television and radio presenter, director and actor best known for his role in the soap opera Tinsel.